there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


It was a beautiful day today, sunny and 70 degrees, so obviously I needed to sleep until 10am. I woke up to homemade scones. Scones! Jeremy doesn't make much, other than banana bread, and I had never even made scones, so I was super impressed. I also got 3 beautiful cards from my 3 wonderful men and a surprise call from Kathrin.
Then we left for a hike. I wanted to go to Black Mtn, but apparently a lot of other people did too, so we drove over to Mme Sherri Forest. By the time we left there, the other half of the town had decided to do that hike. It was the perfect weather for the first hike of the season, and we saw several of these flowers called trillium. They really satisfy my desire for symmetry.
Then we went back home for laziness and pepperoni pizza. Now I just need 10 more hours of sleep and I might be able to face the week.

No comments: