there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, May 4, 2008

More successful, more bizarre, still adolescent

Well, we're back. And we had a wonderful time. But there were some odd moments and it was still a teenage date. I am okay with this.

First, we drove south on our way to the little town where our B&B was located. We decided we just wanted to get a sandwich or something for lunch and stopped in the larger town along the way. We walked up to a luncheonette, full of people, and discovered that the door was locked. And no one even looked up. Weird. This particular town gives me a bit of the creeps anyway, so I wasn't too surprised. We ended up having a nice Thai lunch and then popping into a couple of stores for some more weirdness. One was playing the worst children's music ever. I have heard a lot of bad kid music in my time, but this was in a class by itself. Like homeschool. Another store featured an Intelevision, the complete selection of games produced for the Atari, and a dude watching South Park. It was time to leave.

We stopped by an historic town, saw the $14 ticket for admission, and headed on ye olde merry way.

After dropping off our bag at the B&B, we headed into Northampton for the evening. We wandered the streets for awhile and then decided to get dinner. Jeremy knew of an Indian restaurant to try, but we didn't know where it was. Too bad you can't find a phone booth with the yellow pages anymore, we said. Then I look down, and there is a brand spanking new copy of the yellow pages on the stoop of a store. We did our research, and found the location only to encounter both a musty and a roach spray smell, so we turned around. And where did we end up? At the burrito shop. Scoff if you must, but the catfish tacos were great, and I still had room for ice cream. We got embroiled in a wedding photo op at the ice cream parlor, and headed to the mall for a movie.

Did you know that Iron Man would be such a big deal? I didn't. I also forgot we weren't in Vermont anymore. I haven't seen that many people in a very long time.

We saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall and loved it. It was grown-up Nick. Good times. And even that horrible doofus Jonah Hill didn't annoy me since they limited him to 30 second increments. And that Mila Kunis is so gorgeous, I don't know how he didn't forget Sarah Marshall instantaneously. That was really my only plot problem.

We woke up this morning to a wonderful breakfast, hit Trader Joe's, and came home to our sweet boys. They definitely seem sweeter after a little distance, let me tell you.

No comments: