there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm way behind

I apologize to my faithful readers who expect a little more from me than I have given recently. It was a holiday weekend, and we did have a guest, so that is the excuse. If you don't like it, you can lump it.
So, what have we been up to?
  • My mother came to visit, and buy me pottery, and take me to the Riverview for dinner and a pomegranate margarita (my favorite!) in anticipation of my birthday this week. Thanks, Mom!
  • Yesterday I took the kids over to Lake Spofford, which opened for the season on Monday, and correctly guessed the price of the season pass. I felt good about that. I did not feel so good that we were eaten alive by black flies. We were literally crusted in blood by the time we left. It ain't pretty.
  • We swung by a house for sale which looked alright from the outside and had a nice 2 acres, but was a little pricey. I will not actually be viewing it as it turns out the entire kitchen has been gutted (no appliances, no counters, no nothing) and both bathrooms need replacing and the roof needs work.
  • We picked up more of our new obsession, rhubarb, from the farm yesterday. We can't get enough of the stuff. It's so yummy! Why did it take me almost 32 years to try it?
  • I've made arrangements to go see a house in our neighborhood tomorrow. It has a decent yard and a garage. But it has lead paint and is in our neighborhood, which I would prefer to leave. On the other hand, it is in our price range and is not falling into the ground which is rare for our price range, as you may have noticed.

I think that's it. It's enough anyway. Or it should be. Get off my back!

1 comment:

Crispin H. Glover said...

Please calm down, no one's on your back, dear. Especially not now that it's crusted with blood. Ick.