there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, May 8, 2008

This conversation should have been self-explanatory

Sebastian: You know how many babies you should have?


Me: 2.


S: No, 3.


Dorian: I'm hungry.


M: Daddy and I think 2 is plenty.


D: I have dis? [holds up bag of pretzels]


S: No, it isn't.


M: No, Dorian, it's only 9 o'clock.


S: You need to have 3!


D: I have some chips?


M: We can't have any more babies. No, Dorian, no chips!


S: Why can't you have any more babies? Why?


D: [sobbing] I want some chi-hi-hi-hips!!!

3 comments:

Crispin H. Glover said...

I want some chips too. Please. I want chips. Or maybe some ice cream. Ice cream? I want some ice cream! Chocolate!!

Amanda said...

You left out the good part...how exactly did you explain why you cannot have any more babies?

Hott Mama said...

I told him that there was a "little operation" which left us unable to have any more. But that wasn't so funny so I left it out.