there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

C. S. A.! C. S. A.!



The kids and I went to pick up our first installment from our CSA today. I really had no idea what to expect. I knew that we would get some greens, some syrup, some jam, but I didn't know how much. It was a lot more than I thought. We got 2 lbs of spinach, 1 lb lettuce, a bunch of french breakfast radishes (the pretty pink and white long ones), 1 qt of maple syrup (!), a dozen eggs (one of them from the leprechaun chicken), and the 2 jellies. This was the half share! The jellies are mint and violet. Made from violets! How Victorian! I can't wait to try it. We are also interested to see if the leprechaun egg has a green yolk. Who knows?
This summer is shaping up to be a good one!

No comments: