there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Monday, June 16, 2008

I swear this was not funny at the time

A certain young 5.5 year old gentleman in my house has been driving us a little nutty with his lack of listening skills. Saturday night, Jeremy went to a party so I was left to do the bedtime detail myself. No big deal, right?

I finished up Dorian's potty time/toothbrushing and said to Sebastian, "Okay, wash your hands and brush your teeth and I'll be back in a minute; I have to get your brother's pajamas." I get Dorian dressed and come out of the bedroom to discover...

Sebastian is standing in the middle of the living room, pants and underpants around his ankles, Oriental Trading Post* catalogue in hand, saying, "I need to show you this!"

It wasn't until the next day as I was telling Jeremy how poorly Sebastian was listening that I realized how ridiculous this scene really was. I need a break.

*I have no idea how we got on this list, but I guarantee there have been no purchases made.

No comments: