there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm not totally obsessed with the house

Despite a ridiculous number of posts on the topic, buying a house is not the only thing I've been doing lately.

Thanks to an absurdly chilly spring/summer I have been able to continue working on the blanket. I know I live in Vermont, but I don't think I should be comfortable knitting bulky wool in the summertime. Nevertheless, I have been, so the third panel is almost finished. I just have one more section to go before I start the fourth, and final, panel. I'll still have the border to complete after that, but it looks promising that I may have it done for use in the coming winter.

And in a foolishly ambitious move typical of yours truly, I decided to make 3 jars of strawberry rhubarb preserves during the 40 minutes I had to get ready to go to the lake. I'm a genius, I know. I did manage to get it done and pick our friends up on time, so I guess it wasn't that foolish. I'm excited to have a pantry full of jam for the fall and winter. A real pantry!

No comments: