there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Incompetence, I'm sure of it

Things that lead me to believe that the listing agent for the house is incompetent:
  1. Did not bring appropriate informational paperwork to initial viewing.
  2. Told me the house had been purchased in 1930s when the deed revealed a purchase date of 1951.
  3. Told Jeremy the son who pasted the cars to the wallpaper had moved out 58 years ago. This is obviously wrong because a) they didn't own the house then and b) most of the cars are model year 1954 or later. Although, Jeremy thinks he may have had access to newspapers from the future.
  4. Did not bring all of the paperwork to the second viewing, just half.
  5. Despite a clause in our purchase offer delivered yesterday requiring their decision by 5pm tomorrow, was not planning to discuss it with them until tonight.

I don't know, maybe she doesn't really want to sell the house. I'm sure they want to continue to deal with an empty house which left unsold for much longer they will be responsible for maintaining the lawn of and heating this fall/winter.

2 comments:

Jimbama said...

Your agent sounds like Barry Zuckercorn.

Hott Mama said...

Luckily, this is not my agent, it is the seller's. And trust me, she is not nearly so funny.