there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Saturday, June 7, 2008

What a weekend!

The excitement?
  • Strolling of the Heifers! Y'all need to come for the best parade ever next time. There will be a highlight reel on the boys' blog soon.
  • Sunburn #4! I really didn't want to/wasn't planning on the festival post-parade. I don't like crowds, but got suckered into it anyway, and the goddamn fireball in the sky escaped the clouds and burned me. Boo to that.
  • Kathrin got married! You know her, she may even have slept on your couch. She's the best German girl in the world and she's finally marrying Marc after living in sin forever. Congratulations to her! I really wanted to be there. Neither of us could make it to the other's wedding which stinks. But I will get over there again one day. Who wouldn't want to go to a town called Luneburg?
  • It's Christine's birthday on Sunday. A special one. And my present to her? Borrowing her man for a little while tomorrow for...
  • ...the second viewing of the house. The house that, if we put an offer on it and the offer is accepted, will surely give me palpitations and panic attacks that I will relate in detail until I officially drive away all friends and blog readers. I'm hoping that Steven will be able to give me a relatively realistic idea of how much really needs to be done and how poor it will make us to do it all.
  • Oh, and Jeremy and Sebastian are having a special boys' night out at a Swampbats game in Keene. It will be Sebastian's first baseball game. My first game that didn't involve my brother playing? When I was 15 or 16, shortly after Oriole Park at Camden Yards opened. So once again, the boy is way ahead of me. Even if this is minor league, you still have to buy tickets. My brother's T-ball was free, but maybe slightly less co-ordinated. Maybe.

No comments: