there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Not my best day


Yesterday, those little cherubs pushed me almost to the breaking point. Their behavior and attitudes were heinous and culminated in Sebastian dumping dirt on his brother's head. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get out even half of the dirt while we were outside. Hence, we came in for bath time. That photo isn't the result of my bad housekeeping, but of what happened when I spent 15 minutes scrubbing Dorian's head. "If you are ever trying to trap some sand, use your child's scalp" was the lesson of the day. I may have to embroider a sampler. It didn't get much better after that, so as soon as I finished my dinner, I bolted, leaving no forwarding address.
I don't usually have much luck when I do this. Invariably, everything I want to do is closed/closing, a mob scene, or has children nearby. The fates decided to align for me yesterday, though. It must have been pretty obvious that if I didn't get my way, there would be hell to pay.
I started by getting a big, wonderful brownie at the deli. And I ate the whole thing. (Normally, I will eat a reasonable portion and make it last a couple of days, but not yesterday, oh no.) Then, I went to GameStop and played some MarioKart for a while. Then I went and had my pedicure that the Princess and her prince gave me for my birthday. Boy, did I need it! Yes, my feet were looking kind of rough, but once I got past feeling guilty for having prickly legs, having someone massage my feet while I read a month-old copy of OK! was exactly what I needed.

No comments: