there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The wait is almost over

I hope. After many delays, we are supposed to find out at some point tomorrow what the results of the appraisal mean to us. Do they feel justified in waiting for a better offer? Do they realize now that they should take our money and run? I don't know.

But if I don't find out by the time I go to bed tomorrow night, I may explode. I thought I was being patient, but now I'm not so sure. I've been overly sensitive about some silly stuff. I've been a little snippy with the rugrats. And my stomach feels slightly knotted.

It's all in not knowing whether I will have to spring into action at a moment's notice to line up an inspection, a lawyer, etc. Thank goodness I'm not an ER doctor or I'd end up having to operate on my own stress-induced intestinal tangling. I'm quite sure that would not end well. I get a bit squeamish.

No comments: