there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Because I didn't have anything else to do

It's not like I totally underestimated how much I had left to do before my mother's visit or anything, right? Wrong. I forgot that Sebastian's presents required twice as much of my time as his. I forgot that I needed to get packages together. And then the last 24 hours hit me like a ton of fruitcakes. I needed to get a new tree stand before we get the tree tomorrow. This required going to the hardware store after Dorian's Little Peoples camp yesterday. The trouble?
  • I forgot about Sebastian's "Writer's Celebration" at school. So, I had to
  • Rush through the hardware store, discover that the tree stand was way too big to fit in the back of the jog stroller, and run up the big hill home to
  • Scarf down a piece of bread with peanut butter and jump in the car to head back to school. (Worth it.)
  • Rushed back home to try to get a little cleaning in before Bus Stop Loitering Hour.
  • Got dinner together. Ran to grocery store for last couple items before impending visit. Forgot milk.
  • Came back (why?!) so Jeremy could leave for a work function.
  • Worked on Xmas cards while cracking the whip over Sebastian so he would finish his project.
  • Got kids in bed. Wrapped presents for an hour.
  • Had stupid fight with Jeremy that was induced by stress/exhaustion.
  • Woke up bright and early, showered, and shovelled the 2 inches of snow so we could get to school at 8 to make healthy snack only to go inside and find out
  • School is delayed by 2 hours.

Awesome. And here I could have been in bed until at least 7am.

3 comments:

Clockwatcher said...

Isn't Christmas f**king awesome!?!?

Hott Mama said...

And it gets even better. I got to school only to find out that the teacher didn't expect me to come in this weather. Then I got home to a message from my mother saying she couldn't rent a car, so I had to drive an hour and a half each way in the snow to pick her up.

Totally effing awesome!

Amanda said...

Ok, this is completely unrelated, but I recently (like 30 sec ago) caught up on your children's blog. Hello, "poop M&Ms"!!!!!