there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, December 12, 2008

Goddamn tiny needles


Our current ice storm action coupled with a chest cold has left me inside for the last 2 days. The work you see to the left represents hours of ignoring the recipient yesterday. I am still loving the striping, and for someone who literally doesn't get out much (in this weather anyway), it is endlessly fascinating. But I do now remember why I tend to aim more for the bulky yarn in my projects. It took me an hour and 20 minutes to do 3 inches of sock last night. The top half is 6 inches + a double knit heel + those bottom 3 inches= a long time. I thought a pair of socks for a 3 year old would be a quick knit. Wrong-o.
That's okay, though, because I only have one more specific project for Xmas in mind and it should be relatively quick. I'll probably do it between socks since the socks don't need to be done for Xmas. As you can see, they certainly won't be a surprise.

1 comment:

princess cortney said...

uhm...that doesn't look like it will fit my big foot... and i really like those sox. so i think you are going to want to make the, a little bigger. for my toes' sake...
thanks