there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Monday, December 8, 2008

The procrastination station

This weekend, in avoidance of a certain project for which I never should have done the math, I have completed one mystery knitted item and these 2 little cuties.

Once upon a time, I was given an advanced reader copy of Oddball Knitting, which is not for people who are oddballs, but for using up leftover skeins of yarn in creative ways. There was a pattern for mini stockings which I thought I might whip up a few of if I had time left over after finishing my planned projects. Well, somehow these became more inspiring to me. I did not follow the instructions exactly because I was using different needles than suggested and I didn't have quite enough yarn and I don't think I have ever followed a pattern exactly... but as you can see they do look like Christmas stockings, which was the whole point. I also decided to add the crochet edging as an embellishment.

Now I just need to decide who will receive them. I'm thinking the red one will go to my paternal grandmother, probably full of chocolates. I'm still undecided about the green, though.

No comments: