there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Santa scored big time!

This weekend, Sebastian asked Santa for "a kind of fancy costume, not just one random kind." Now, I'm not entirely sure what that means, but Santa (spoiler alert: that's me) got one hell of a bargain yesterday.

I went out to a party store thinking that they must have some costumes available at all times, right? Wrong. I looked and looked while Dorian did his best to manhandle at least one of every type of party favor known to man. I decided I may as well check the cake decorating aisle while I was there, and lo and behold, there was the Halloween clearance section. As I was trying to determine whether a foam clown nose and a green pageboy wig would fit Sebastian's vague specifications, my eye fell on a "Honey Bunny" costume. What is a Honey Bunny, you ask? Well, apparently it is a child in a pink velour dress with marabou trim and a set of bunny ears. When I checked the price tag I was floored, but knowing my retail protocol like I do, I knew that even if it were a mistake they had to honor the price.

The costume that originally retailed for $24.99 now said $2.19! Boy, was I psyched. And when I looked to the right, there was a "The Thing" costume (from the Fantastic 4 or something) which originally sold for $34.99 going for only$1.09!

So, I walked out with two full costumes and a couple of stocking stuffers for $5 and a penny!

No comments: