there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The final Xmas project


Last night I got halfway through the final Xmas project. Can it be that I could finish this one today and finish the second sock a couple of days later and be totally done with more than a week before Christmas?
It's certainly possible. This particular project has been a long time coming. I started a similar item with this same yarn a few years ago and then an event arose that postponed the completion. Well, it is probably for the best, as this pattern is way better than the one I was making up as I went along. I can't reveal what it is, but suffice to say, it involves I-cords which I have never wanted to do before, but now find oddly appealing.
I also practically finished Dorian's first sock yesterday. It just needs to have the toe sewn up with the kitchener stitch. Assuming I don't give myself arthritis or carpal tunnel or something, this is shaping up to be a decent Xmas creating season.

No comments: