there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Today I'm a little frustrated

Frustrated because the more I think about it, the more wrong I think that teacher is. (See previous post) First off, because I'm quite certain that one of the children she was probably referring to was shopping at the fair this morning. And secondly, because I can think of 8 children who definitely could buy something. Especially since they have several non-book items available for less than a dollar. And now I'm concerned about how her attitude is impacting the kids in her class.

I'm also frustrated because last night I made a mistake in knitting that backwards ass scarf, but I couldn't even deal with trying to figure out where I went wrong. So this morning I take a look and there's the mistake... right at the beginning of the damn row. Which would mean pulling out 300 stitches to fix. So, I looked at the picture of the pattern again. And then I unraveled the whole god forsaken thing. Fuck that scarf. I would feel lousy that I had wasted 3 hours of my life, but I did learn a lesson: Don't knit scarves that way because it is totally stupid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe that makes you feel better: i knitted a hat last weekend and used some left-over wool. but... the wool was not enough, so now i have a a red hat with a white top. looks just silly, can't wear it!