there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Curtain!

I seized my chance to sew our bedroom curtain this morning and there it is. I still need to make a proper tie-back. Soon.

The bedroom seemed more of a priority than the kitchen since I don't usually change my clothes in the kitchen. Also, I knew where my brown and red threads were, but not the white I need for the kitchen curtains.

You can see that the window is still broken, but that will all change soon. They measured for the replacement windows for our room and the boys' room yesterday, and they will be installed within the next 6 weeks. I can't wait! Triple pane, unbroken windows that will help keep us warm on our unheated second floor. I can't believe how cold it is at night already. But I refuse to turn on the heat in September.

1 comment:

q said...

i LOVE the fabric for that curtain!! awesome.