there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I can almost smell it

It looks like we are, in fact, on track to move in to the living room this weekend. Above is "graceful green" or as close an approximation as my camera could capture. A little different than the other rooms, but it matches the furniture/accessories we already own. Now I just need to think of a color for the dining room that will transition nicely between the living room and kitchen. Luckily, I will not need to worry about this for a little while because I refuse to paint anything else until next spring. As unpleasant as I think the hallway and dining room are, I cannot bring myself to deal with them right now.

I am burnt out. There is a puff of smoke left where I used to be. I am looking forward to not having to paint anything else after tonight. (Or cleaning out paint brushes and rollers when we finish. Ugh.) Tonight, we paint the trim and the floor. Tonight, uncharacteristically, I will pray that the floor does not need a second coat. And tonight, I will remember that I have plans to go out tomorrow night and it won't be my problem if it does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the color!