there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fecal matter is no laughing matter

OK, I know it is to some of you. But when your morning is ruled by it, it's definitely funnier in hindsight.
It all started with a dream. A dream that my pants felt uncomfortable and I reached down to discover a poop. In my pants. That was not mine. I then tried, unsuccessfully, to hide it under the foundation of a house.
Then I woke up to Sebastian complaining that he'd had a little accident. I groggily stumble to the bathroom to wipe his butt. At least it was a little accident.
After breakfast, I stuck the kids in front of Blue's Clues so I could get that all important shower time. Go into the bathroom, lean into the tub, toss out the 2 boats left over from last night's bath, only to discover... you guessed it... shit. Crusted around the drain. Shit. I don't know which of those little dirtballs did it, but I have my theories.
I also have a working sense of humor today, thankfully, and am therefore in a much better mood. At least we didn't offend the disabled...

4 comments:

Clockwatcher said...

Maybe some Metamucil and Ovaltine will encourage those little monkeys to poo in the toilet. ;)

Anonymous said...

this happens in our house all the time.

actually, we did have a "funny" incident recently when the cat somehow got poo smeared all over her rear end. we had to hold her down to get it all wiped off and she was not happy. made the whole apartment reek.

also, finding poop in your pants that's not yours? isn't that like choking on someone else's vomit?

Listmaker said...

mittens aka shittens got his nickname by constantly wiping his ass all over the rug on a regular basis.

Hott Mama said...

I think I would much prefer to have someone else's poop in my pants than someone else's vomit in my mouth, but that's just me...