there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, February 29, 2008

Seriously, this has to end.

So... they are calling for another 9 inches of snow tonight. This is getting a little ridiculous. Last I heard our lovely state had already received 3 feet more snow than normal this winter. But that was before the eight inches we got on Tuesday.

I love snow. I truly do. And I love winter. I am not one of those dummies that moves up north and then complains that winter is longer here. But this winter has been pretty brutal. Not only have we gotten a ton of snow, but we've had over 30 freeze and thaw cycles which just turn everything to ice. We haven't even been sledding in months because I'm not sure we could climb the hill without crampons. And I won't wear anything on my feet that sounds like it involves my menstrual cycle. I just won't.

2 comments:

jamie said...

darn it, you stole my menstrual cycle joke. and i just don't have the mental energy to make a sherpa joke right now.

princess cortney said...

i am one of those dummies who moved up north and complains about the winter. but i don't think i would have made it through this winter. stay strong.