there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Six hours down, too many to go

The longest day in recent history began at 6:30 when Jeremy woke us up to say goodbye. He left at 6:40 this morning to go to Phoenix for four days, leaving behind 2 feisty children, 1 sink full of dirty dishes, and a weeping wife. I know that he has to go, and I know that it is not like he's going to be hanging out poolside sipping margaritas. He will be busy the whole time. (Busy being poolside tonight and then partying Friday night.) He'll be running up and down hallways being the good little errand boy he is. I know these things. It does not, however, make me any happier about it. And the weather here is lousy today, all rain and sleet and mess. Therefore, the idea of leaving the house is not pleasant, but we didn't go anywhere yesterday, so staying home is not looking too good right now either.
My plan for today is to try to get to the library after Dorian's nap if the rain is not too heavy. Then we can pick up some dinner because I'll be damned if I wash another dish today. Then I'll let the children flood the bathroom with a bubble bath and off to bed they go. Then I can play video games and mope in peace.

No comments: