there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Crawling my way out of the chaos

My apologies to those of you who have come to expect more regular posting. I was busy trying to pull myself out of the funk I fell into.

Friday was not my best day. In fact, I spent almost the entire day in bed, only taking time out to feed the animals so they wouldn't eat the zookeeper. I was seriously considering checking into the local loony bin, I mean retreat, for the weekend.

But Jeremy came back at 2:45am, and that made things much better. We had a nice little middle of the night conversation and then he let me sleep until 11am. I cannot remember sleeping that late any time in the last 5 and a half years, so that was exciting. No, it was restful. The weather was beautiful and we had a nice family day playing in the yard. The boys were working on their tee ball skills and I bounced a ball on a racket 105 times in a row. Go me!

Today, I escaped for a while and went shopping. I spent some time in the fabric store, and am preparing to try my hand at making some clothes for the kids. This will be my first attempt at using a pattern. It is a very simple one and as long as I follow directions and don't cut the fabric incorrectly, it should all work out fine. The fabric is in the washing machine as I type, and I hope to start tonight, but we'll see. I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done. I also got myself a top and a sundress, and a pair each of shorts and pants.

I know some like to treat themselves with pants that cost $150, but I think the treat is in the bargain. The pants I got were originally $40 (not nearly so expensive) but I managed to get them for $5.50. That's what I call a treat. And I don't have to forgo a spa vacation to pay for them. Bonus.

So, I'm feeling better and I'm extra glad that Jeremy is back. I don't know what I'd do without him. Now, I just have to get through the Vegas trip. And pretend that he's not going to Chicago either.

1 comment:

q said...

hey! that was a personal attack on my "treating" skills, and may i remind you no one loves a bargain more than me- I'm Italian American for gods sake!