there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, April 4, 2008

Yum yum

Today I went to the farm whose CSA we joined to pick up some organic mesclun. Yummy! Inspired by Amanda's complete lack of restraint when I dropped off her share, I had a handful myself and it was quite good. A half pound may not be enough for me. I'll know better next time.

I'm very excited to start receiving our shares in May. The farm we chose has a huge orchard so it will be a good mix of organic fruits and vegetables. The first month we will also be getting maple syrup and jam. And now that it's all paid for, it will seem like a free box of organic food every week.

I've wanted to join a CSA for a few years now, but it hadn't worked out. Two years ago, we were spending millions of dollars on preschool, and then last year, the farm I thought I wanted to go with was just too far out of my way. This farm is more conveniently located and I know that I like their produce. And I can stop at Walker Farm on the way back to supplement if necessary.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! This is my 4th year doing a CSA and have really enjoyed it. I was spoiled for the last two years because the farm I had let its members pick out their produce choices online each week. I'm a little nervous because this year I'm back to a farm where you just have to take what you get. But the pick-up site is much closer to my house. We'll see!

Anonymous said...

yes, i have heard that this Walker Farm is a great place. i am not affiliated with them but i do enjoy their delicious produce and unbeatable prices. you too should stop by. i'm not sure but i think they are opening mid-april and they'll be open every day 10-6 until thanksgiving.

- John Q. Consumer
(this is my actual name)

princess cortney said...

also, i think you should visit this walker farm. i have heard they have the most friendly of staff. and there is a red head there who not only loves children, but she is also quite hot. so stop by this Walker Farm for delicious produce and hot, friendly staff.