there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Today's the big day

Yes, I hope to unload at least half of those boxes I filled the other day at various sites around the county. Spread the wealth, right?

I already carried the massive box of stuffed animals down the hill to the drop in center on our way to a "tea party" at the co-op. Dorian walked all the way and back by himself! No stroller pushing for me, no sir. Just awkwardly large box carrying a quarter of the way, but still. (At least stuffed animals are light.)

Today is also Sebastian's last jump and climb class, which Daddy will be visiting. The kids are jazzed because we are also going to Friendly's for dinner to celebrate. What better way to honor Earth Day than by polluting yourself?

On the way to class, I plan to make a few stops at the thrift store, the Planet Aid box, and the consignment store. That will still leave the KidsPlayce box and the giant tag sale box, but it's better than nothing.

1 comment:

Crispin H. Glover said...

I plan on having the Spotted Owl burger, California Condor fries with gasoline vinegar and a smog Fribble. Follow that up with a styrofoam sundae and then I will clean my teeth with an ivory toothpick. Happy Earth Day!