there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I was going to be obnoxious

And I probably still will be, just not on purpose. I was going to post some kind of April Foolery, but I couldn't think of anything good enough that wouldn't upset some segment of my reading population, so to hell with it.

So instead you get this:

My little sweet boy who never takes naps anymore that don't involve a car (another thing I used to congratulate myself about) fell asleep on me yesterday afternoon. And even though it was after 4 when he passed out, I still let him sleep on me for an hour. I am not so foolish to not recognize that this may be the last time my baby ever sleeps on me. As paralyzing as it is to be trapped under his hot little head (okay, it's a big head), I love it and I miss it. I miss the sweet little baby head smell (that has morphed into a boy head smell), I miss the soft snoring (that is much nicer than his wonderful dad's chainsaw effect), and I miss the prickly heat rash on my chest (I'm not sure why).

1 comment:

q said...

it would be a funny april fool's joke if YOU were the one to marker all over his face while he slept but alas he did it to himself.