there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm getting faster!

The first pair took 3 hours. The second took 2. The third-- only 1 hour to sew (plus whatever it took to cut out the pieces). I don't think I could really shave off more than a couple more minutes at most, since it went pretty smoothly. This makes knowing I have one more pair to go just that much more manageable. The fabric is cut and ready to go, I just need one measly hour of free time. Maybe even tonight if I'm not too tuckered out after exercise class.


So, the fabric for these pants was in the clearance section and after I saw the whole yard, I started to doubt my decision to spend the $2.50. It makes me think of what a McD's hamburger would look like under a microscope: blobs of ketchup and mustard, and weird bits of grey and black "meat" with a soupcon of germs.

Whatever. It still looks cute with both the skull shirt from Jim and Elena and the Ramones shirt from Dan and Sujan. And cute's what it's all about, right?

1 comment:

q said...

eww- why would your mind even go to mcdonalds under a microscope? further proof that you're a total nut.