there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oh, Miss Q, thanks to you!

Last night, Miss Quinnie Quinn Quinn came over to keep me company, which I desperately needed after falling into the black pit of despair (a.k.a. my bed) for the afternoon. Nothing specific happened, I just didn't feel like dealing with the world (a.k.a. my children).

Quinn brought with her nothing less than Carmen Electra's Aerobic Strip Tease DVD. It was pretty ridiculous. For some reason, it was designed with a 12 year old girl in mind. (I refuse to think why.) All the credits and interludes involved a pastel rainbow background with cascading white stars. Quinn was totally correct when she stated that all it was missing was unicorns.

The workout itself seemed pretty lame at the time, but this morning I'm definitely feeling the effects. (It may also be because I had already done a cardio workout in the morning.) I heard a lot of spine crackling and popping with all the "body rolls" and I have to say, my upper back hasn't felt this good in a while. Who knew Carmen Electra was a chiropractor*?

Quinn was concerned she would not be able to remember the routines, but I reassured her that if she just bent over and flipped her hair around that would be enough. Because boys (I mean, men) don't really care if you are following a routine choreographed by the frightening Robin Antin. Am I right?

*See, Cortney, it could be so much cheaper for you to take up stripping. Then you could just show your clients how to flip their hair to correct their neck misalignments.

2 comments:

princess cortney said...

i wish you had some sort of "nannycam" set up for the evening. not to sound gross, but i bet seeing you guys imitate carmen electra would be hilarious! but at the same time i bet poor rob and papa j are kicking themselves for not being home. soon enough. soon enough.

q said...

don't worry there are like six more dvds in the series- i mean, we haven't even gotten to use chairs yet.