there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Not all I'd hoped, but actually, more

Yesterday, Earth Day, I was trying to put our reducing and recycling into action by distributing some of our unneeded items to locations where they were wanted. Unfortunately, I was only half successful and also managed to waste a gallon of gas.

How, you may ask?

Well, I did drop off the stuffed animals in the morning. And I did drop off the 2 boxes of household goods/clothing at the thrift store. But then, the only Planet Aid boxes I could find were overfilled and when I drove 2 towns north to the consignment store, they were inexplicably closed for 2 days. So I only managed to unload exactly half of the heap in the back of the minivan.

But the good news is that I decided to make up for it by sewing some bags for the food co-op. Amongst Jeremy's heap of clothing were 5 t-shirts, plus one of mine, which were really not able to be donated. The collars were disintegrating, and a couple of them were from before we were married (8 years on the 6th!). You may remember that we made a bag for Jamie, so I just did the same thing with these shirts. Yesterday, the co-op officially stopped using plastic carrier bags and instituted their bag tree. So, I'll be donating the 6 bags I made last night (it only took 75 minutes) next time we go down there.

And, this morning, I found an empty Planet Aid box, so all I'm left with is the consignment box, which will probably just become a tag sale box instead.

No comments: