there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blanket update


Well, I have made some progress on the never-ending blanket project. This quarter needs two more panels to be the same size as this one. I have yet to determine what they will be. Since the last two panels I did were a little over 100 stitches wide apiece, I'm not really looking forward to picking up the stitches for these as they will probably be around 150 stitches wide, which can get a little tedious.



This is a close up of the infamous cluster stitch featured in the black panel at the bottom of the first photo. It's just a K2 P2 rib that you wrap the yarn around at certain points. Not much fun. I don't recommend it, even though I am happy with the result.






I started this section of the next quarter at KidsPlayce yesterday. The other part is way too big to lug around and I needed something I could put down easily if necessary. And it's always necessary. So I started with the braided cable on top. Today, I finished that and then did the pink panel in rice stitch while we did our co-op hours in the kids' room. It is now 6"x12".

No comments: