there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wii Rawk!

Yesterday, we were getting a little antsy about when our Wii was going to come in. It was guaranteed to arrive by the 25th, but damn it! it was already the 15th! So, I went over the river to the GameStop to check up on things and scope out the games. I found out I was next on the list. Oh, but when would it come? I decided to go ahead and buy Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock just in case they didn't have it when the Wii finally came in. The guy working there says, "Oh, I actually have a used one if you want it." "Really?!" "Yeah, it's in perfect condition; the kid just didn't want it, I guess." This is when I embarrassed myself by yelling, "What is he-- some kind of dummy?" Anyway, my good luck because we saved $18.
So, tonight I go to exercise class, and when I come back, lo and behold Jeremy is setting up the Wii. Of course, the kids are crawling all over everything and Sebastian is begging to play. Then, Jeremy has a freak out because the remote that came with the game doesn't fit into the guitar and he's convinced that I need to take it back. Despite the fact that he's the one who has been setting it up, he makes me call the store. They tell me that we have everything we need, blah blah blah. So, guess who got to drive over the river again to show them how it didn't work. Except it did. He neglected to notice the panel on the back that you open to insert the remote. So I have now embarrassed myself twice in two days at the video game store (and I was still wearing my workout clothes, no less). So then I end up spending an ungodly amount on an extra remote, a charger and Super Mario Galaxy.

But look at how we rawk! And wireless, too, so in your face, Dustin! Less tangling during kick jumps. Looks like we'll be "reading" Manix style every night before bed.

Does Wii Sports count as homeschool phys ed?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, in my face huh? i hope you enjoy rawkin on that cute wii guitar while your little uns play beats out on their chests till they collapse a lung, and jeremy sings those high notes on welcome to the jungle, sending the neighbors dog into panic mode (actually that last part would be good for you guys). let me know when jeremy gets manhunt 2 and starts casually swearing at the kids. you know, i haven't played any games yet today, and i've thought about that a lot. that's less of a sickness and more of an affliction. you guys are on your way though. this article might apply to y'all soon: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/half_of_26_year_olds_memories

psyched for you though. have fun and just don't sleep. easy.