there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's official

The last three times we've gone to my in-laws' house (where the only scale I have access to is located) my weight has gone up by a couple of pounds. I think it would be safe to say that I have gained 10 pounds since this summer. Granted, the weather prohibits me from getting as much walking done, but I think I should have left at least 3 pounds of the Xmas chocolate uneaten. Anyway, I knew my pants were getting tight and then yesterday Sebastian produced this little gem:

Note the messy hair and round body. At least my arms and legs still look skinny.

So the last 24 hours I have cleaned up my act. Witness:

  • I made a healthy dinner of brown rice, flax and amaranth pilaf with chicken and veggies.
  • I went to the deadly exercise class and did not skip even one repetition of anything.
  • I had popcorn and dark chocolate for a snack, instead of corn chips and milk chocolate like usual. (Hey, it's a start.)
  • I did even worse on my Wii fitness test than before, scoring a grand fitness age of 76. (I was very sore from the hour of weight lifting I had just done. That's my excuse. And I suck at both real and imaginary baseball.)
  • I got 10 hours of sleep.
  • I did a cardio workout when I woke up which resulted in Sebastian having to fetch me a glass of water when I almost fainted after 12 1/2 minutes. But I did it.
  • I ate a nice breakfast of oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins and only a 1/2 tsp. of maple syrup.
  • I had a nice lunch of spinach and red cabbage salad, hummus on 3 seed bread, almonds and some grapefruit.

Now I can feel all virtuous until my next snack attack. All I know is that I refuse to buy bigger pants. Or to allow my children to draw round pictures of me ever again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From a child development point of view, the amount of detail (like the glasses)is quite good for his age.

And I like the fact that he tried to draw a sound wave. Go Sebastian!

Grandma

princess cortney said...

you got more fellas at my bachelorette party than i did. so i am still hott mama jr, jr, jr...jr. and proud of it!

Hott Mama said...

Yes, well, you didn't give me the name for nothing. It's just been a little hard maintaining the image the last couple of weeks. Don't worry, by the time you get back I'll have half the town serenading me outside my window.