there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, January 11, 2008

Damn you, Murphy, and your stinkin' law, too!

When our music class finally ended, I was quite ready for it to be done. Sebastian decided that instead he wanted to take Drawing and Painting at the Rec Department in town which was going to cost a quarter of what the music class was costing us. Cheapskate that I am, I was psyched. But the times for the class were Monday nights from 5 to 6 (how retarded is it to have a kid class at dinnertime?) or Saturday mornings from 10-11 (now the morning is shot).
Well, I call to sign up only to find out that we are the only ones interested in the class. So, the program director said she'd call the people from other sessions and see what she could do. Apparently, what she could do was schedule the Saturday class. Which was not the class I wanted. I was actually counting on it being cancelled altogether.
Of course, as soon as I make that assumption and start making plans, I come home today to find a message from her saying the class starts tomorrow morning. So, he'll definitely be missing one class for a birthday party that we wouldn't miss for the world. And I was thinking we might clear out of here when Jeremy takes his business trip, which is now out of the question.
On the other hand, Sebastian has dropped the label making obsession for an Animusic drawing obsession, so I'm sure he'll enjoy the class. Assuming the teacher doesn't mind him only drawing musical robots...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe he could make enough "robop" drawings in those close to effectively create animusic 3 on his own. presented in flipbook fashion instead of the dying-off dvd technology. were that to happen, i'm sure there would be a free copy in store for the Paquette family - booyah!!

also, i wanted to give you this link - thought it might make your day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAV0sxwx9rY&feature=related

talk to you soon.
dustin.