there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bright and Shiny

Guess what we watched last night? Bubble Boy. Yes, that Bubble Boy, the 2001 movie starring Jake Gyllenhaal.

Dustin and Cortney recommended this to us on more than one occasion, but let's just say that we don't always agree when it comes to comedy. Well, Dustin, you will be so pleased to hear that we enjoyed the movie very much. Had you been here to check my reaction every three seconds, you would have seen me laughing. It was way funnier than we imagined it would be. I will admit to not having my eyes on the screen the entire time as I was trying to finish the kids' Easter present (see next post), but that doesn't mean anything.

There are a lot of similarities between this film and Pee Wee's Big Adventure-- so many in fact, that it can't be coincidence. So, if you love Pee Wee/over the top road trip adventure movies/Jake Gyllenhaal/boys in bubbles, this is the film for you.

2 comments:

princess cortney said...

told ya. we had it on tv last night and watched a little. did you catch the line "just do what i make your father do when it happens, close your eyes and say the pledge of allegiance until it goes away." genius.

Crispin H. Glover said...

I should try an dcreate that contraption for this year's halloween. I'd do it cuzI loved the movie but mostly because I want that hairdo, even if only for a night.