there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Pirates of the Crapibbean

Once upon a time, all my reviews of movies that I didn't think were wonderful had the word "crap" inserted into them. I'm so clever.

Last night, Jeremy and I watched the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. If I were talking only about the first 45 minutes, the word "crap" would not have been mentioned. But, alas, we did watch the other hour and a half and therefore, "Crapibbean" it is. I genuinely enjoyed the beginning. I thought Johnny Depp was funny. Then it turned into what seemed to be one epic fight scene, sometimes with skeleton pirates, sometimes with sloppily fleshy ones. Either way it was boring, and I was not impressed with Keira Knightley or Orlando Bloom.

I'd give this one 2 eyepatches.

No comments: