there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, March 14, 2008

Ridiculous rationalizations to make me feel better that Jeremy is going to Costa Rica and I'm not

    I get to be a single mom for the week again at the beginning of April. Lucky me, right? Damn straight, because...
  1. I won't be woken up by real monkeys, just children who act like them.
  2. I won't have to avoid whatever that evil bug is that burrows into your lip.
  3. I won't spend 2 days on planes and in airports surrounded by people crankier than myself.
  4. I won't have to either leave my children behind and worry about being thousands of miles away from them or take them thousands of miles away where they could potentially spoil my enjoyment of the trip.
  5. I can make excuses to have take-out instead of cooking.
  6. I can use this trip as leverage later if I need to cut out for a couple of days myself.
  7. I don't have to sign a waiver that says if I am eaten by a tiger, I have no one to blame but myself. Which would be true, since I try so hard to be delicious.

3 comments:

Crispin H. Glover said...

These are all fabulous but number 7 is my absolute favorite. I'm going to try to steal a tiny monkey and bring it back in my luggage for you all. Then we can finally buy those marmoset diapers I've been hearing so much about.

Clockwatcher said...

I think number 6 is the one that should stay in the noggin for future reference. Maybe you could have yourself a wild weekend in sunny....where do people in Brattleboro go for sunny, wild weekends?

Hott Mama said...

Don't worry, clockwatcher, I'm scheming already.