there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Project update

There is a certain reader of my blog (she knows who she is) who is on my case about everything I am working on. Hopefully, this will satisfy her for a little while. There's only so much time in a day and with that little cutie on the left not napping, I have even less time to devote to my crafts. Well, yesterday I went and got the stuffing I needed to work on the doll. I felt terrible that I had to go to evil Wal Mart to get it, but there isn't anywhere else in town that carries it. Driving a half hour to JoAnn Fabrics really didn't seem any better, so I just had to suck it up and go. That was all I bought, though, so it's not so bad.
Last night we watched Raising Victor Vargas which Dorian picked out for me at the video store, and I finished the arms of the doll and stuffed it. Now I just have the head to do. We enjoyed the film, and it definitely wasn't one that I felt I had to actually see every moment of, so it was conducive to knitting.

I have also been working on this honeycomb stitched charcoal part of the third panel of the giant blanket. I had to rip out, or tink (knit spelled backwards-- clever, huh?), the last row two times because it kept coming out one stitch off. I was getting pretty pissed because I couldn't figure out the problem. Then I counted the stitches and there was one missing. I dropped a stitch about 4 rows back. This is not like me at all. Usually I can't figure out how this happens to people. Well, I still can't figure out how it happened to me, but it is fixed now, so I'm not going to fret about it.

Lastly, here's a couple of food ideas for you to consider. Lately when I make chili, I have been adding one diced sweet potato. It is super delicious and really boosts the nutritional value even more. I also had been looking for a non-Asian tofu recipe, and I found one in EatingWell magazine this month for tofu parmesan. We absolutely loved it. Jeremy said, "It's just like veal parmesan without the stink of, you know, baby cows." If that isn't a recommendation, I don't know what is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A co-worker of mine had a spinach-tofu lasagna the other day that looked great. I'll ask for the recipe if you like.

Di

Anonymous said...

I haven't been "on your case". I just like to see what your doing. It makes me feel better because I have been getting nothing done!
K

princess cortney said...

i want some tofu parm.

Hott Mama said...

I will make you all the tofu parm you want when you get your butt back here.